Ask anyone to name the most difficult part of healthy living and you are likely to get the same answer almost every time and that is – eating a healthy breakfast that also tastes good.
Are you in the same boat?
We understand your struggle!
Mornings are undeniably the busiest and most rushed time of the day and the options for breakfast that are healthy, filling, and can be quickly made seem to be very limited.
Not anymore though!
You no more need to have the same boring scrambled egg every day or pick those so-called ‘healthy’ energy bars packed with sugar, artificial flavors, and preservatives just because you don’t have time to make breakfast.
Here we have for you some of the best recipes for healthy breakfast smoothies that hardly take a few minutes, taste divine, and also keep you full for longer.
Make and freeze individual smoothie packs for the entire week, on the weekend, to further save your time in the morning.
8 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies You Should Try
Perfect for busy mornings, these breakfast smoothies are not only easy-to-make, but are also packed with flavors and nutrition, making them ideal to begin your day with.
1. Fruit and Oatmeal Smoothie
Filling, healthy, delicious, and easy to make – what else do you want in a breakfast?
Yields – 1 large or 2 small serving
- Old-fashioned oats: ¼ cup, uncooked
- Greek yogurt (plain): ½ cup
- Milk (any of your choice): ¾ cup
- Banana: ½ medium
- Frozen blueberries: ½ cup or frozen strawberries: ¾ cup
- Frozen mango: ¾ cup
Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour in the serving glass and sip on!
2. The Green Monster
Green smoothies have been all the rage lately and for all the right reasons. Packed with iron and vitamins, green smoothies offer a powerful burst of energy; just what you need in the morning. What’s more is that it also keeps you full for longer, which will significantly decrease your chances of snacking on unhealthy items on mid-mornings.
Don’t like the taste of spinach?
Don’t worry; you won’t even taste it!
Yields – 3 servings
- Baby spinach leaves: 3 cups, loosely packed
- Pear: 1 cup, pitted and cut into pieces
- Frozen pineapple chunks: 1 cup
- Banana: 1 (use a frozen banana for a thicker smoothie)
- Orange: 1 peeled and roughly chopped
- Ground flaxseed (optional, but recommended): 2 tablespoons
- Cold water: 1 cup
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and whiz until all the ingredients are perfectly blended and the mixture is smooth. Pour into a serving glass and drink immediately!
3. Immunity Boosting Smoothie
Packed with Vitamin C that helps fight off colds and infections as well as helps strengthen your immune system, this breakfast smoothie is perfect for winter mornings. The best part? You only need five ingredients to make this delicious drink.
Yields: 1 serving
- Almond milk: ½ cup
- Orange: 1 large, peeled
- Frozen mango pieces: 1 cup
- Banana: ½ medium
- Vanilla extract: ¼ teaspoon
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
4. Peach and Berry Smoothie
Suitable to refresh and power yourself up on warm or hot sunny days, this breakfast smoothie recipe is an instant hit everywhere.
Yields: 1 serving
- Frozen raspberries (unsweetened): 1 cup
- Fresh peach: ¾ cup, chopped
- Milk (of your choice): 1/3cup
- Plain yogurt (preferably Greek, but you can also use the regular one): ¼ cup
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Omit honey if you are using sweetened raspberries
- The drink is best made with fresh peach. However, you can use frozen peach if fresh isn’t available. But, you will have to use more milk and compromise a bit on the fresh and vibrant color and flavor of raspberries.
Add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and whiz until smooth. Check the consistency and add a little more milk, if needed (note that this smoothie will be thick due to frozen berries). Pour into a serving glass and enjoy!
5. Pumpkin and Oatmeal Smoothie
Who said you can only enjoy pumpkin flavor during the fall?
Although pumpkin-y flavors have long been associated with the fall season, this doesn’t mean you cannot have them at other times of the year. Not when it comes to this pumpkin and oatmeal delicious and healthy breakfast smoothie, at least.
If you like the pumpkin flavor, give this drink a try and we bet, you’ll want to have it every morning!
Yields – 2 servings
- Milk (any of your choice): ½ cup
- Greek yogurt (plain): ¾ cup
- Pumpkin puree (canned): ¼ cup
- Old-fashioned oats: ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Apple: 1 medium, cut into pieces (preferably with skin on, but you can take it off if you want)
- Banana (frozen): ½ small, sliced
- Pumpkin pie spice: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ice cubes: ½ cup
In a high-speed blender, add the oats and blend until they are finely chopped – about 30 to 40 seconds. Now add all the remaining ingredients and pulse until you get a smooth smoothie. Pour into a serving glass and sprinkle a pinch of pumpkin pie spice (if you want) on top. Enjoy!
6. Peanut Butter and Raspberry Breakfast Smoothie
Offering just the right blend of sweetness, saltiness, and creaminess, peanut butter is undoubtedly one of the most wonderful breakfast foods ever created.
If this statement resonates with you, this breakfast smoothie recipeis just what you need!
To make sure you don’t miss the jelly, it uses raspberries. Sounds delicious? What are you waiting for, then?
Let’s get on to the recipe without further ado!
Yields – 1 serving
- Frozen raspberries: 1 and ½ cups
- Peanut butter: 2 tablespoons
- Banana: a 2-inch piece (just to add a bit of thickness)
- Greek yogurt (plain): ¼ cup
- Iced water: 6 tablespoons
- Fresh raspberries: 2 to 3, to garnish (optional)
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and whiz-away.
Viola! Your scrumptious and filling peanut butter and berry smoothie is ready to be devoured!
7. Power-Packed Breakfast Smoothie
Containing apple, avocado, spinach, and ginger, this power-packed breakfast smoothie will give you a perfect start of the day. This is particularly ideal for those days when you are low on energy and in need of a quick pick-me-up. Here’s how you can make it:
Yields – 2 servings
- Unsweetened almond milk: 1 cup
- Spinach leaves: 4 cups, loosely packed
- Avocado: 1 medium, peeled and pitted
- Apples: 2 medium, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- Banana (frozen): 1 medium
- Honey(or maple syrup): 2 teaspoons,or as per taste
- Ground ginger: ½ teaspoon or ¼ -inch knob of fresh ginger, minced
- Ice cubes: as required
- Optional additions: chia seeds, flaxseed, protein powder, and/or nut butter.
Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
There you have it – the ultimate power-packed healthy breakfast smoothie you’ll ever need.
- If you do not have a high-powered blender, blend only spinach and avocado with almond milk first. Then add all the remaining ingredients and blend again. This is to ensure that the mixture doesn’t contain any chunks and is smooth.
- Leftover smoothie can be saved in an airtight jar for up to one day.
8. Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie
An ideal breakfast smoothie recipe for chocolate lovers, this healthy drink not only offers a boost of nutrition, but will also satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Yields – 1 serving
- Old fashioned rolled oats: ½ cup
- Banana (frozen): 1 large
- Malted milk powder: 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 1 tablespoon
- Maple syrup (optional): 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk: ½ cup (you can also use any other milk of your choice)
- Dark chocolate (optional): for topping
Add the oats into a blender and pulse a few times. Now, add the banana, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of malted milk powder, and almond milk and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Taste and add maple syrup (if desired) and/or more malted milk powder, if you prefer a strong malt taste. Whiz again for a few seconds. Pour into the serving glass and top with chocolate shavings (if using). Enjoy your delicious healthy drink that tastes like chocolate malt cake.
The Sum Up
Smoothies have long enjoyed a nearly-undisputed position as one of the best healthy breakfast options – and rightly so!
Packed with deliciousness and healthy nutrition, smoothies are the perfect choice for a pick-me-up as well as on-the-go breakfast. Try out the recipes given above and let us know which one do you like the best!